Monday, May 11, 2009

Client Testimonial - Nicole Masella

This one really touched me!


This may seem like a very long story - but it is well worth the read and Noel needs to be praised throughout! Noel was the college roommate and soccer teammate of one of my best friends. My friend Jill has hands down one of the most physically fit bodies I have ever seen -and she always has. However, this past Spring, when my family and I went to visit Jill and her family in Florida she somehow was in even better shape than usual and that is when she told me about Noel. The last time I had met Noel was at Jill’s wedding when she was pregnant with her third child. However, over the years Jill had filled me in on Noel’s competitions and her training. After that visit, I was motivated - however, I was not going to bother making contact because I did not think “I had the time.” After a few weeks of thinking about it -I decided to email Noel - that was the single best decision I could have made. I am honestly shocked at the results, especially in the training circumstances that I have been working with…
I explained to Noel that I was moving back home with my parents and my two young children as my husband had to move three states away to complete a one year job (which he is only in month three of right now. So, my concern was that I was going to be in the middle of a move and a huge transition (which took place three months after I started working with Noel) - not to mention that I had not been to gym since my 4 1/2 year old was born. I used to go to the gym at 5:00 am, however, once I had children that was impossible to do because my husband leaves the house at 5:30 am for work. In addition, I also work full time as an attorney. So basically, I had all the reasons in the world to say that there was no way we could accomplish anything meaningful. I could not have been more wrong. Noel assured me that she could get me into the body I was trying to achieve if I just purchased a few pieces of equipment and put the time in at my house - so off I went, purchased a medicine ball, resistance band and some free weights…Oh yes, and a good alarm as I now get up much earlier - which is a good thing. I get so much done before my children even open their eyes, which mkes me more productive throughout the entire day! I have been working with Noel for about six months and I am now the weight I was as a freshman in High School…yes, a freshman in High School (without stepping foot in a gym) - not to mention that I feel so healthy it is ridiculous -the overall benefits of working with Noel cannot be exaggerated enough. I can email her anytime of day or night, with the stupidest questions, whether it be with the training or the diet - and she will respond almost immediately. I cannot believe that for years before I had my two children, I would spend 1.5 to 2 hour in the gym, daily - as Noel put it after I told her what I used to do - I was a “cardio bunny.” However, even though I used to lift weights and run five miles a day - I never looked as toned and slim as I do now - with half the time put in on a daily basis. I honestly never thought that my body could look like it does - I always said to myself, oh it does not matter how much I work out - my genes will not allow me to lose that cellulite, ect - however, Noel has showed me again, just how wrong I was in my thinking and overall outlook on diet, nutrition and food. Aside from the obvious physical benefits - so much more has changed…it may sound crazy, but my hair, my nails - everything is stronger…but more importantly - my own attitude…I am a pretty confident person to begin with - however, I was never completely satisfied with my body and now I am! I am just so much more positive about my body and my health!
Noel has truly changed my life in so many ways - all for the better! She also has shown me that just being honest with her regarding any time constraints and dietary concerns, challenges and cheats - anything can be adjusted and tweeked to change with any given week or obstacles - she truly has an unbelievable knowledge base regarding nutrition and physical fitness. For anyone who thinks that they just do not have the time or the willpower to make such a life change - you are wrong - you just have not found your Noel yet…but I hope you do - you will be a better person for it - inside and out!
- Nicole Masella, Somerset, NJ

No comments: