Sunday, May 3, 2009

My fitness journey

Fitness has always been one of my life’s passions. I played sports throughout my childhood and ultimately a scholarship to play soccer at Auburn University, where I was a four-year starter and All-SEC performer. Once my playing days were over, fitness remained a priority in my personal life but I was looking for more, I missed the challenge of competition in my life. After having three children, I wanted to find a way to compete again and that is when I started looking into Figure competitions. I decided in 2006 that I would try it.

I qualified to compete on the national level in my second competition by finishing second in the NPC Mountaineer Championships Figure competition in Boone, North Carolina. I have since gone on to compete in multiple national level competitions since 2007, and have multiple top 5 finishes in my class, including a 2nd place finish in the 2008 NPC Junior Nationals, narrowly missing out on the class victory by one point.

In addition to competing, I have found another means of making fitness a way of life by turning my passion for fitness outward, toward helping others achieve their fitness goals. I began to study nutrition and training and began attending NSCA and ISSN conferences. In October of 2007, I became a National Strength and Conditioning Association Certified Personal Trainer (NSCA-CPT). The NSCA-CPT exam thoroughly tests the knowledge and skills that are necessary to successfully train both active and sedentary physically healthy individuals, as well as individuals with special needs. There are fewer than 10,000 fitness professionals who hold this prestigious credential. In June of 2008, I became an ISSN Certified Sports Nutritionist (CISSN), the premier sports nutrition certification in the industry.

I earned a BS in Psychology from Auburn University and a Master’s Degree in Counseling from Georgia State University. From 2008 to 2009 I worked as a Training and Nutrition Consultant for Lean Bodies Consulting.

Through my own experience, I realize what a life-changing experience it is to achieve your MAXIMUM fitness goals, and I am excited about the opportunity to help you to do the same.

REALIZE YOUR MAXIMUM FITNESS DREAMS


No comments: