Friday, May 8, 2009

Client Testimonial - A Personal Trainer

Here is a testimonial from a client that is a personal trainer at the gym where I work out. Why would a personal trainer need to hire me? I think when you get to a certain level of leanness that you haven't reached before, you need someone with an objective eye to help you. I also believe that when you start having to implement refeeds or carb cycling, this goes above what most 'general' population and even trainers deal with.

When I initially began working with Noel I was a year out from my first figure show, and 20lbs heavier than where I competed. The rebound from my first hard diet was harsh, and I was second guessing everything I thought I knew about nutrition. Additionally, I was beating my body to death with 2 a day cardio sessions, and a lifting regime four days a week that usually left me practically crippled. I had nothing to show for it except being exhausted, overtrained, and no closer to my goal of walking through life “looking the part” of the trainer. For the average civilian that would’ve have been livable, but I was just beginning a full time job as a personal trainer, and it wasn’t acceptable to me not to look the role for my clients.
The first thing I noticed working with Noel, was the different approach to my training. My workouts were a great mix of heavy days, technique focus, and circuits. She also implemented mobility drills, and mandatory dynamic warm-up prior to my workouts. As result, I’ve felt better, my workouts have been stronger, and for once I’ve even put ON some muscle. Additionally, I feel like I have an much clearer sense of how to approach my own programming for here on out based on the goals that I am working toward at any given time.
The biggest revelation that I’ve had over the last few months has been diet. I was steeped in the belief that fat was evil, and that the only way to lose weight was to cut it all out. As I watched my body shrinking before my eyes, I learned the importance of true diet setup. As I fed myself a diet rich in variety, with nuts, cheese, and even red meat represented, my body shape shifted daily. With the built in free meal each week I was never bored or deprived, but I also learned how to have a smart free meal! Today I am looking at a body that’s 5 pounds away from the weight at which I competed, but one with MUCH better composition, and shape.
Anyone questioning whether or not to take the plunge with Noel, should stop wasting time. It will be the best investment in yourself you can make. She’s knowledgeable, understanding, encouraging, and a wonderful teacher! You will get exactly what you’re looking for when you work with her. I lost 15lbs and many, many inches! I just want to say, Thank you!
Annie Webb
Marietta, GA
Before



















AFTERS

No comments: