Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Another Great Transfomation

Another great experience with an amazing woman!
Choosing to work with Noel for my contest preparation was really a no brainer. I have known Noel for quite some time and have followed her figure contest experiences as well.  I have had the pleasure of watching her compete on the national stage twice.   I knew she was knowledgeable, experienced and capable of leading me into my show.
Competing has been a goal of mine for quite some time.  My life until Fall of 2010 had never really afforded me the opportunity to actually achieve that goal.  I have had some serious health and metabolic struggles over the past several years and it took some time and patience to figure those out.  In the summer of 2010, I finally realized a solution to many of my challenges and found myself back on track.  In August I decided that a November show could be a reality.  I started seriously dieting on my own in August and then about 6 weeks out from the show enlisted Noel’s expertise to take me the rest of the way.  I had steadily been dropping weight and fat since June and was concerned about stalling in my progress.  I received my first plan the first week of October and never looked back.  My body responded incredibly well to everything Noel prescribed for me.  My losses never stalled and in the six weeks from starting with her into my show, I lost over 13lbs and inches in all the right places.  She knew exactly what my body needed.  I am not built like most women but she was able to minimize my losses in my lower body, which is naturally leaner then the rest of me, while I continued to make progress up top.
Even beyond the physical expertise, a valuable component of this experience for me was Noel’s support.  There were:  constant e-mails!  constant checking-in on me!  Quick turn around time for biweeklies and all of my crazy rookie questions.  I never felt alone in this process.  The support and communication the last week of prep and the day of my show was incredible.  We communicated everyday, multiple times a day, that last week.  The day of my show felt like she was there.  I just counted, 50 texts between us that day.  50!  This is on a Saturday, in the midst of family commitments and a life, and she communicates with me 50 times!  I could not have asked for a more professional experience that felt completely personal!
I continued to work with her for the three months post competition.  There was NO rebound after the show.  Three months later, my weight is only 2-3lbs more than the day of my show.  My body still looks great and continued to respond to the training.  I set some recomposition goals for my trouble spots and those have improved in that since the show.  Every training plan placed me squarely out of my comfort zone.  When you consider your self a veteran in the weight room, it is refreshing to be challenged in ways that you never imagined.
I leave this experience much more knowledgeable about training and diet in relationship to my body.  At 44, I love my body more than  ever have in my life.  Noel is a large part of that, and I can never thank her enough!  As I consider my future goals, working with Noel again will be a must.  I cannot think of a better person to guide me towards my goals!
Thanks so much Mel!!  Here are before and afters of Mel and some pictures of her competition.


And I love this shot because you KNOW Mel is having a blast up there:

No comments: