Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Testimonial

Another great testimonial to share and awesome physique changes to see.  Thanks so much Matt!
Before I met Noel, I had been dieting and leaning down for several months. Lack of progress from my plan, coupled with nagging injuries were too much to continue dieting. I had decided to start training for strength and was hoping the change in my routine would heal my body. I asked Noel for some advice on my new strength program that I created.
From her first response, I knew instantly that this lady had the knowledge that I lacked. Noel broke down every exercise, every set and rep in my program, told me why this wouldn’t work, why that would work, and suggested new and better ideas. At that time, I did not ask advice for nutrition, but low and behold, she asked me! She offered suggestions to better my nutrition, which were a huge help in gaining strength. I wondered why Noel was so gracious with her “free” time in regard to helping me, so I asked her about it. She told me that she always enjoyed helping people that were willing to help themselves AND that she felt great joy in life by helping others.
As the weeks went on with the strength training, I became stronger and stronger. I then decided to enter a powerlifting meet in the upcoming weeks. I had decided to go “up” in weight class instead of dieting down, so I needed an additional 12 pounds on my body. Unfortunately, more injuries cancelled the meet for me. I can tell you that those 12 extra pounds on TOP of what I already had was NOT the right direction to go. Yes, I needed to be at my heaviest to push/pull the weight I wanted to hit, but it left me completely uncomfortable being that heavy. I was fat and out of shape.
After I healed from the strength training, I started dieting down for the summer. It was the typical diet for me where I lose a great deal the first month, then I hit a plateau soon after. My style of dieting was always the stereotypical “yo-yo” effect. I blamed my genetics, stress at work, lack of time, etc. for my poor progress. In my head, I knew I was doing it right and never could understand what kept me from going further with dieting. That’s when I started working with Noel. I made a promise to myself that I would let go of everything I knew and put my full trust in her. That was the best decision I ever made. Over the course that we worked together, I lost weight, I lost inches, and I lost fat AND gained muscle! Coming from my style of lifting, a style where I was very comfortable over to her training method was brutal on me, lol. After time, as I got into better shape, I was able to push with more intensity and felt awesome in the gym. At the same time, her programs were getting tougher and required more out of me. It was a brilliant plan on Noel’s part that worked quite well.
Nutritional side of Noel’s plan was spot on right from the beginning.
She adjusted the amounts during the months we worked together, but it was always subtle. It was easy to follow and stay on course. I dare say, almost too easy to be on her plan. Noel was always asking what foods I wanted to change, what foods I was tired of eating. She always stated, “What can I do to make it easier for you?”
Working with Noel was such a blessing for me. Without her expertise, my attempt at dieting would have been the same ole song and dance…down a bit, but right back up. I hit my weight goal working with Noel!! So many people came up to me and said they didn’t recognize me, that I was a different person. I felt like a different person. I felt comfortable being in my own skin and I had regained confidence that once was lost.
I love that last line!
Here are a couple shots of matt–


Obviously he made changes all over but I love the difference in his legs:

Our goal was to hit under 200lbs and he got down to about 198!

No comments: