Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Testimonial

I have always been active and enjoyed exercise.  I’ve been a runner since high school for both exercise and stress relief.  I also have lifted weights on and off for years.  I gained the dreaded freshman 15 in college but mine was more like the freshman 20.  At 5’2, 20 lbs is a lot!  I kept those extra 10-15 lbs until I was about 32.  I had just had my second child and felt frumpy and miserable.  I hired a local trainer who put me on an extreme diet of 1000 calories a day, with 6 days of cardio a week.  I lost weight very quickly, and was at the lowest weight I had ever been, 114 lbs.  I weighed 120 in high school.  But I still hated the way my body looked.  It was not how I imagined I’d look at that weight.  I felt flabby and told myself I needed to lose more weight to get the body I had dreamed of.  I wanted to rock a bikini for once in my life!
Fast forward a few more years.  I gave birth to my third child, and found myself struggling to get the last bit of baby weight off.  I would lose a few pounds, then the scale would stop moving and I’d panic and add more cardio and eat less food.  Then I’d feel so crazy and quit dieting and gain the weight back.  After yo-yoing for 9 months I decided I needed help!  I found Noel through some friends of mine that had worked with her before and raved about her.  It was a big paradigm shift for me.  Her diet had so much more food than I was used to eating!  At first I was scared, but I trusted her completely and did exactly what she told me to do.   In the past I had not eaten to fuel my workouts.  I thought less food was always better.  But I could never sustain the low calories and lots of exercise.  There were lots of moments of panic because the truth is the scale did not move much for me at all.  Noel was always there to reassure me that the scale didn’t matter and that I WAS making progress, and to keep at it.
The thing I loved the most about having Noel as my coach, is having that extra set of objective eyes on me.  I couldn’t see my own progress.  I wanted to believe the scale.  When it said I was the same weight for months and months, I thought that meant nothing was happening.  She kept on me, always encouraging me and even smacking me around a bit when I needed it.
I cannot say enough how grateful I am for the experience I had working with Noel.  She truly cares about her clients and is extremely knowledgeable in her field.  She was always very quick to respond to my emails and questions.  I have three young children and work part time as a professional and she made her plans fit into MY lifestyle.  I’ve had trainers in the past, both online and in person that gave me what was obviously a cookie cutter workout and diet.  With Noel, I had a custom plan tailored just for me.  If I told her I didn’t like something or if the workouts were too long, she would tweak it and make it fit my life.  Most importantly, in this process she taught me how to eat and I know this is a weight and lifestyle I can maintain for the rest of my life.
Now I’m back into my clothes I wore before I got pregnant, but the best part is that I look 100 times better!  I weigh more than I did before, but my body looks leaner and tighter.  I am living proof that you can’t live by the number on the scale.  My husband loves that I have a butt now, before I had the dreaded runners pancake butt.  He asked me the other day, “How does it feel to look the best you ever have at 37?”  Let me tell you, it feels amazing!!  Thank you Noel!

THANK YOU JENNIFER!!! So Proud of how far you have come!

Here are her shots!


No comments: